Mold is a nightmare for every homeowner. It can grow anywhere in your house, including your closets. If you live in a humid climate area where the indoor humidity level is very high, moisture can get into your closets making the best environment for mold and mildew growth. Therefore, you need to prevent mold from growing by keeping your closets dry all the time.
10 Proven Tips to Get Rid Of Mold in Closets
- First off, if the environment outside the closets is too humid and smells musty, it can be the signs of mold growth. You need to use some remedies to eliminate mold from the outside such as using an air purifier or hire a professional.
- Make sure your closets are sealed without any moist air get into them.
- Wash your clothes before storing them in closets. Never store dirty clothes because organic substances and dirt are mold’s food sources.
- Put a mini dehumidifier in your closets and let it absorb excess moisture inside the closets.
- Never pack clothes too tightly in wardrobes. They need spaces for better air circulation that will help reduce moisture.
- Don’t store your clothes in plastic boxes or any sealed boxes. Once again,